CONFIRM MORTGAGE INC.
Last revised on: May 21, 2020
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation, date of birth, income, employment status, name of employer, marital status, credit score and borrowing information), as well as other information you directly give us on our Site.
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to us when you interact, orally, in writing or by electronic transmission, with us, including when you apply for an account or membership, subscribe to a newsletter, register to receive information, apply or register for, or order, a product or service offered or provided by us. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with us or companies associated with us, or otherwise receive the full benefit of the desired product or service. Telephone calls between you and us may be recorded to ensure accuracy and quality assurance, and may be disclosed to third parties to verify that we are compliant with our contractual and other obligations to third parties. You can choose not to have the telephone call recorded, and communicate by writing or electronic transmission.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site. This information may include, but not be limited to the following information:
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, device type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, the time and date of your visit, other related and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies, Etc. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. We may also use other methods such as web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you, prevent or detect fraud, improve our product, service, or customer support or interaction, target marketing and other advertising, and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser or device permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of our Site.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows to:
- operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- respond to comments and questions and provide customer service and facilitate interactions and transactions with you.
- send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- link or combine user information with other personal information.
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- provide (either directly or through our vendors, customers and other third parties) and deliver products and services customers request.
- provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding our products and services and related products and services offered by other businesses, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- protect and enforce our legal rights, interests and remedies and to protect our business, operations and customers or other persons; and
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your express or implied consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes, to:
- comply with laws or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court or arbitral order or litigation disclosure obligation.
- respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. By using our Site, you agree that the personal information that you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date. You will promptly notify us of any changes to your personal information using the procedures made available to you for that purpose or by contacting our customer service department.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by us and our use, disclosure and retention of that personal information by submitting a written request to our customer service department using the contact information listed below. Subject to exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have the information revised as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to decline to process a request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, vexatious or impracticable, that infringes or jeopardizes the privacy of other persons, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
Confirm Mortgage Inc.
1 King Street W Suite 4800 – 102
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 1A1
Telephone: +1 855-955-1158